Do you ever think about things you’d like to accomplish in the next year or two years? Five years?? Ten years?!? Do you have a mental to-do list filled with these activities and/or goals? Have you taken the time to commit them to paper? Or shared them others? I initially shared my ’40 before 40′ list last year when I started to blog, however, I ended up needing to focus on other things last year and didn’t end up doing much with the blog.
I’ve updated my list and changed a few things! That’s the beauty of your own to-do lists: you can do with them what you want 🙂
Before I made my ’40 before 40′ list there were many times I would say or think ‘I’d love to do that!’ – and then I would go on about my busy, scatterbrained day, and forget all about it. In an attempt to not only remember but also to accomplish these things, I’ve complied this list of the things I would like to do before I turn 40. Before I made my list I decided that:
I would choose both achievable goals and big goals.
Putting achievable goals on your list will encourage you to continue moving forward. It’s always a great motivator to mark things off your list and to visually see your list changing shape.
Setting big goals encourages you step out of your comfort zone and really push yourself! Striving to reach the big goals will require hard work and commitment. The payout is extraordinary!
If you don’t have a version of a ’40 before 40′ list I encourage you to make one. You can set any number of goals to be completed by any date! Have fun with it!
*Just to clarify – I have a house full of boys…. So when I say ‘boys’ on my list, I’m referring to my hubby (whom I also call Papa Bear) as well as our three sons.
- Learn to play the piano
- Take a walk in the rain
- Have an all-day movie marathon with my boys
- Go to Washington DC
- Take my kids to see the ocean – (Any of the oceans will do)
Take a girls trip– Pigeon Forge with my mom and sisters Dec 2016
- Vacation somewhere new with my boys
Have a picnic at the park– Summer 2016
- Take the kids to a Reds game
- Visit my Granny’s grave in Kentucky
Take my boys to a planetarium– Adler Planetarium, Chicago, Spring Break, Mar 2017
- See a play or symphony
Take a trip with Papa Bear– San Antonio, TX Jan 2017
Sell our house– July 2016
- Find our ‘Forever Home’ or at least one that we can settle into until the boys graduate high school
Visit California– June 2016
- Go back to Las Vegas
- Learn to speak Spanish well
- Read more
- Get a tattoo – or not…. just decide already!
- Complete Financial Peace University
- Get out of debt – stay that way!
- Build a savings account
Go to the zoo with my boysFort Wayne Zoo, several times, Summer 2017
- Take each son individually on a mommy date ❤
- Host a Murder Mystery dinner party
- Get on a better sleep schedule
- Become more knowledgeable about Essential Oils
- Decide what I want to be when I grow up
- Go to a hockey game
Take a family trip with family friends– Chicago, Spring Break, Mar 2017
- Learn to budget properly
Get my nose pierced– Dec 2016 Start a blog– revamped Jan 2018
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Visit a foreign country
- Take a road trip with my bestie
- Fly First Class
- Tour a castle
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my list and are encouraged to make a list of your own!
What types of things would you put on your list?? Leave your comments below ❤