Hey Friends! I was texting with my sister earlier today and my 40 before 40 list came up. It reminded me that I would like to share it with you ❤
If you don’t have a 40 before 40 list or a 30 before 30 list or a 20 before 50 list… you get the idea… (it definitely depends on how old you are and what age you want to complete your list by) I encourage you to make one. I will be 35 this year, so I have some time to work on mine.
Before I made my list there were SO many times I would say…. I’d love to do that someday! And then I would go on about my crazy day and forget all about it. So, I decided to make a list of ‘those’ things I want to do so I don’t forget them (those of you with small children, well…. with any children at all, may be able to relate to the scatterbrained life of motherhood). Before I made my list I decided that:
- I would put both big dreams and achievable goals on my list. Putting achievable goals on your list will encourage you to continue moving forward. It’s always a great motivator to mark things off your list and to visually see your list changing shape.
- I decided that I am not going to go crazy trying to achieve every single thing on this list. It’s really just a list of things I would like to do. I don’t feel pressured to accomplish them asap…. for me, that would turn my -mostly just fun- list into a work list. I have enough of those already! And besides, the ones that don’t get marked off will surely be moved to my 50 before 50 list! Ummmmm…… OK. That’s a little further ahead than I am comfortable thinking about right now…. but you see what I mean.
*Just to clarify – I live in a house full of boys…. So when I say’boys’on my list, I’m referring to my hubby (whom I also call Papa Bear) as well as our three children.
- Learn to play the piano
- Take a walk in the rain
- Have an all-day movie marathon with my boys
- Go to Washington DC
- Take my kids to see the ocean – (Any of the oceans will do)
Take a girls trip– Pigeon Forge with my mom and sisters Dec 2016
- Vacation somewhere new with my boys
Have a picnic at the park– Summer 2016
- Take the kids to a Reds game
- Visit my Granny’s grave
Take my boys to a planetarium– Adler Planetarium, Chicago, Spring Break, Mar 2017
- See a play or symphony
Take a trip with Papa Bear– San Antonio, TX Jan 2017
Sell our house– July 2016
- Find our ‘Forever Home’ or at least one that we can settle into until the boys graduate high school
Visit California– June 2016
- Go back to Las Vegas
- Learn to speak Spanish well
- Read more
- Get a tattoo – or not…. just decide already!
- Complete Financial Peace University….. again 😉
- Get out of debt – stay that way!
- Build a savings account
- Go to the zoo with my boys
- Take each son individually on a mommy date ❤
- Host a Murder Mystery dinner party
- Get on a better sleep schedule
- Become more knowledgeable about Essential Oils
- Decide what I want to be when I grow up
- Go to a hockey game
Take a family trip with family friends– Chicago, Spring Break, Mar 2017
- Learn to budget
Get my nose pierced– Dec 2016 Start a blogMarch 2016
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Cut sugar from my diet
- Take a road trip with my bestie
- Fly First Class
- Tour a castle
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my list and are encouraged to make a list of your own!
What types of things would you put on your list?? Leave your comments below ❤